FSSAI is the short for Food Safety and Standards Authority of India. Before the commencement of any food business, getting an FSSAI license is compulsory. You must have seen a 14-digit number printed on food packets, that is a FSSAI registration or license number and all food businesses, restaurants, hotels, etc. have it. This 14-digit registration informs us about the details of the manufacturer i.e. about his license, registration, and state. This number needs to be displayed or printed on the food packets distributed/supplied by the brand owner.
This FSSAI license ensures the quality of the food and prevents chances of adulterated and substandard food products from circulating in the market by performing various quality checks on food before granting the license.
There are 3 types of license-
- FSSAI Basic Registration
This license is for small businesses and startups which have an annual turnover not exceeding Rs. 12 lakhs. This basic registration can be advanced to a central/state license as and when your turnover increases.
- FSSAI State license-
This license is for companies that have an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 12 lakhs but less than Rs. 20 crores
- FSSAI Central license
This license is for huge businesses and MNCs that have an annual turnover exceeding Rs. 20 crores.
This license is also obtained in cases where you need to supply food to government offices as well as for importing-exporting food products.
The registration for the FSSAI license can be done online for basic and central level whereas for the State level it needs to be done offline.
And we can help you with both.
You simply need to provide us the details about your food/catering business along with the requisite documents mentioned below and we will do the rest from creating your forms to getting the License application filed and approved.
The documents required are –
- Declaration form
- Authority letter
- Copy of Property papers of the place where business is carried out (If owned property)
- Copy of Rent agreement of the place where the business is carried out (If rented property)
- Food Safety Management System plan or certificate
- Electricity/ Water bill (Business Place)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card/ Voter identity card of Proprietor/ Partners/ Director
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution
If you are a manufacturer, you need to submit the following additional documents –
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit
- List of Equipment and Machinery
- List of food category desired to be manufactured
- Pesticide residues report of water
- Upload Production unit photograph
The procedure for obtaining a restaurant license is identical. You needn’t worry about this, focus your time and energy on other pressing matters, we will do it all for you. You simply need to provide us the details of your food along with the documents mentioned and within 30-40 working days you will receive your FSSAI license.
Licenses/ Permissions Required To Be Obtained For Hotels In Chandigarh
- L-3/4/5 License For Liquor
- L-10A License
- Phonographic Performance License
- Food And Health Clearance
- Water Analysis Report
- Shop And Establishment Registration
- Service Tax
- Luxury Tax
- N.O.C From Police Deptt. (CID, VIGILLENCE, DSP, SSP)
- N.O.C From Municipal Corp.
- N.O.C From Estate Office
- Weights And Measurement License
- Labour Registration
- Fire N.O.C
- Pollution Consent Letter
- Pollution N.O.C
- Municipal Property And Construction Tax Valuation
- Municipal Clearance Certificate
- Occupation/ Sewerage Certificate
- Water Analysis Report
- Medical Clearance
- F.R.O Inspection And Reporting
- Genset Permission From Pollution Department And Electricity Department
- Live Music License
- 24 Hours Opening Of Coffee Shop From Distt. Magistrate.